Greenwood, SC 29648
The Greer Group is recruiting for Assembly Technicians for our manufacturing client in Greenwood, SC. This is a long term temporary position, multiple shifts/positions are available!
In the Assembly Technician/Shipping role you will box, pack, and ship finished product and raw materials.
***Heavy Lifting/Grinding - 2 contractors lifting up to 94 lbs together.
- Set up and operate brake press to bend, form or straighten metal.
- Provide brake press expertise, support, and direction in all areas of the brake cell including but not limited to; brake press operation, dies, measuring devices, gauges, tooling, material handling and safety.
• You will apply identification labeling on completed units.
• You will form shipping groups of final products shipped to external customers and prepare assemblies for shipment or storage.
• You will pack, crate, and band items together for shipment including proper identification on packing material.
• You will select and pack appropriate literature, shipping lists, and instruction booklets.
• You will build crates for shipping products and individual breakers.
• You will use material handling equipment, including powered industrial vehicles, to move product and supplies.
• You will operate a High Bay overhead crane.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution. (Proof of education is required).
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• 1-3 years’ Experience in role.
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of the Greenwood facility (50-mile radius) will be considered for this position.
• At least 3 months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
• At least 3 months of experience using hand and air tools.
• South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 50 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.