Sumter, SC 29154
The Greer Group has multiple openings for Machine Operators in Sumter, SC. Immediate needs with possibility to hire!
You must be to work 12 hour rotating shifts. Various shifts available.
The Machine Operator will be responsible for providing knowledge and expertise on lines through the effective set up and operation of machinery including but not limited to Brake Press, Franklin, Turret Punch, Tap Machine, Manual Shear, etc. Provide internal and external customers with the required parts necessary to complete customer orders in a timely manner with the utmost of quality.
• You will set up, operate and perform operator periodic maintenance on a variety of machines in the Copper Bus Shop. Individuals will be responsible for running machines such as: Franklin Punch, Boschert, Conventional Turret Punch, Vertical and Horizontal Brakes, Bus Shear, Leveler, Notcher, and Tapper.
• You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position.
• You will ensure that all products and parts adequately meet company quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
• You will receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
• You will comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
• You will keep assigned work-area clean and organized per 5S standards.
• You will work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’ s function.
• You will exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
• You will perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and environmental safety and health.
• You will perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant' s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
• HS diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Must be authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship
• Machine operator experience or graduate of a machine certificate program.
• Experience reading blueprint, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, or operating instructions.
• Experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
• Continuous lifting required up to 35 lbs.