Mebane, NC 27302
The Greer Group is currently recruiting for Quality Support position. Multiple openings available for 2nd and 3rd shift. Immediate needs! Temp to hire opportunities with great manufacturing company in Alamance County.
Under limited supervision performs diversified bench or floor inspection of a variety of standard or custom parts, products that are being produced in-house or received from vendors.
- Performs detailed first article inspections for turning and splines.
- Can use a variety of precision measuring instruments, including electronic devices.
- Capable of quickly learning to use gauges using computers and associated software.
- Checks surface finish (surface roughness using a profilometer).
- Performs metrology, using standard metrology techniques
- Gauge blocks
- Height gauges
- Will be expected to fabricate shop floor fixtures that use an arrangement of calibrate metric dial indicators.
- Understands geometrical tolerance and can read complex geometry engineering drawings.
The job typically requires high school level math and problem solving skills, course work in metrics and 2+ years of work experience, or equivalent.
Experience 2+ years in a high volume manufacturing operation.
Knowledge of measurement sciences.
Knowledge of spline geometry an advantage.
Lift 50 lbs.
Able to work within a team, be meticulous, work in a fast-paced work environment, and interact with different production departments on a daily basis.
HSD or GED
Background check and drug screen required