Raleigh, NC 27602
The Greer Group is seeking an Accounting Technician for a client located in Raleigh. This is a Temp assignment through end of June with a possibility to be extended and/or possibility to hire.
This position Performs a variety of accounting tasks to maintain accounts and records. It requires frequent contact with internal and external staff, problem solving, accurate/high quality work and flexible to excel in a fast and dynamic work environment.
- ACCOUNTING (75% of the time):
- Review and process contracts, invoices, travel requests and all documents requiring pre-approvals for accuracy and completeness in a timely manner.
- Order material and supplies.
- Learn internal operational and accounting/budgeting computer systems.
- Understand and book accurately financial transactions including revenues, cashiering, payments, bank deposits, journal entries, contracts, purchase orders, and travel expenses.
- Create monthly reporting and ad-hoc reporting.
- OTHER (25% of the time)
- Monthly contract tracking and reporting for project managers.
- Assistance with budget and financial analysis.
- Others as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in: Finance, Economics, Math, Engineering required.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience to this position or recent graduate that excelled in areas that can be applied to this position.
- Knowledge with financial systems, Microsoft Office, database software or Excel pivot tables, ability to quickly learn new IS systems.
- Ability to travel to a different office location within in Raleigh when needed.
- Must be able to pass a NC background check and drug test.