Accounts Payable & Receivable Generalist
Raleigh, NC 27617
The Greer Group is recruiting an AP & AR Generalist.
This is a temp to hire position.
- Responsible for collecting customer accounts receivable to include depositing of payments, reconciling customer account balances to include making any necessary account balance adjustments, cost verifying vendor invoices to ensure amounts match purchase order in payables system, validating non-PO vendor invoices for accuracy and entering into payables system.
- Review and enter employee expense reports for accuracy.
- Assist Staff Accountant with generating weekly check runs.
- Monitors customer accounts receivable balances on a daily basis to ensure accounts are current.
- Contacts customers to collect past due accounts when invoices go past due.
- Generate and deliver customer statements on a weekly basis.
- Collaborate with customer service representatives to generate and submit timely and accurate customer invoices.
- Analyzes and verifies data for input into the G/L system.
- Updates customer account balances in Hedberg as needed.
- Produces aged receivable reports monthly for each division and company wide.
- Answers questions by customers regarding open accounts balances requiring research and data review.
- Receives vendor invoices, verifies amounts correspond to purchase orders in payables system, enters invoice into payables system.
- Receives employee expense reports, reviews for completeness and accuracy, and enters into payables system.
- Assists Staff Accountant with generating weekly vendor payment check runs to include printing checks, getting checks signed, putting checks in envelopes and deliver to receptionist for mailing.
- Ensure confidentiality and integrity with all functions and transactions performed and maintain adherence to established accounting processes and procedures.
- Entry to Intermediate skill level of Microsoft Excel.
- 1-3 years of business accounting related clerical experience.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills required.
- Detail oriented, ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and able to work independently.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.