Adult Protective Services Clerk
Raleigh, NC 27620
The Greer Group is recruiting for an Adult Protective Services Clerk for our client in Raleigh, NC.
This is a temporary position through August 2019, with the possibility to become permanent.
- Monday through Friday 8: 30 AM - 5: 15 PM with occasional after hours and weekend crises intervention, plus occasional APS presentations.
- Determine criteria eligibility for Adult Protective Services intervention during screening and referral intake.
- Investigate allegations of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation of disabled adults age 18 and above or emancipated at age 16. Prevent further mistreatment of the disabled adult via implementation of a protective plan.
- Conducting comprehensive psycho-social evaluations and assessments through on site interviews with disabled adults and alleged perpetrators, telephone and personal interviews with collateral contacts.
- Developing and maintaining treatment plans.
- Providing ongoing case management upon substantiation of case including, but not limited to, arranging for medical intervention, placement out of the home, home care, adult day care, pastoral care, meals, home repair, and financial intervention.
- Referring to and facilitating services of mental health and substance abuse intervention.
- Testifying in guardianship and other court hearings.
- Ongoing documentation of case progress to assess goal achievement.
- Providing information and referrals to other professional and consumers.
- Providing training to community professional as it relates to Adult Protective Services mandated reporting law.
- Providing Adult Protective Services presentations to consumers.
- Attending multidisciplinary meetings.
- Attending internal and external meetings and/or training addressing Adult Protective Services programs.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prefer candidates with Lotus Notes experience.
- Graduate or professional work, or advanced degree.