Air Quality Programmer
Morrisville, NC 27560-8421
The Greer Group is recruiting an Air Quality Programmer for our client in Morrisville, NC.
This is a temporary-to-permanent position.
- Seeing entry level staff to work on a variety of air quality projects.
- Assist in developing emission models for our clients.
- Develop MS SQL, Python, or R code to estimate emissions or analyze data for large environmental datasets.
- Analyze data trends and perform quality assurance checks on the work of others on the team.
- Integration of modeling output into GIS applications.
- Provide technical and outreach support related to models and datasets developed for our clients.
- A bachelors or master’s degree in one of the following fields: environmental science, environmental management, computer science, mathematics, statistics, atmospheric sciences, or other comparable technical discipline.
- Experience in coding for MS SQL, Python, or R.
- An aptitude to identify and trouble shoot issues encountered with large datasets.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work well in teams and to meet deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- Knowledge of GIS and machine learning tools is helpful.
- A minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4-point scale, or equivalent, is required.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.