Animal Shelter Assistant
Raleigh, NC 27602
The Greer Group is recruiting an Animal Shelter Assistant for our client in Raleigh, NC.
This is a long term temporary position.
Are you reliable, hard-working and want to make a difference in the lives of homeless animals? We are looking for temporary part-time employees for feeding, cleaning and general care of shelter animals.
- The hours are flexible, mostly mornings or weekends.
- This is a perfect opportunity for students wanting experience with animals for veterinary school or other animal biology fields.
- Provide care for animals at the shelter.
- Clean and sanitize the kennels.
- Provide customer service to citizens adopting an animal or looking for a lost animal.
- Daily feeding and watering of animals within the shelter.
- Any other assigned duties related to maintaining a clean, safe facility for the public, staff, and animals.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.
- Prefer people with animal handling experience.
- Be able to work part time hours, with a flexible schedule (great for students in college!).