Bilingual Plans and Permits Technician
Raleigh, NC 27602
The Greer Group is seeking a Bilingual Plans and Permits Technician for our client in Raleigh, NC.
This is a temporary position with the opportunity to be further extended.
- Greet and assist internal and external customers professionally.
- Operate InContact phone system.
- Follow written protocols.
- Provide accurate and timely information, and research information.
- Review electronic or paper application for completeness, signature and date.
- Access internet records/GIS based IMAPS to verify information.
- Create permits by compiling all information submitted.
- Print and file hardcopies when requested, forward appropriate documents to internal partners for required input and approval.
- Invoice customers.
- Ensure that routine activities are completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Conduct research, interpret and apply local ordinances, state statues and federal laws for building, well water, wastewater, food plan review, swimming pool, tattoo, land disturbance, flood study, and storm water management permits.
- This position requires the ability to read and interpret maps.
- The employee must be able to learn and become proficient at new computer systems and posses great attention to detail.
- The position requires learning information quickly in oral or written format, and providing excellent customer service.
- The person in this position will compile reports, manage data, and maintain records.
- The person must be a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Multitasking is essential.
- Spanish proficiency and scientific/technical training are required.
- Call center and administrative experience are welcome.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.