Block Line Manager
Louisburg, NC 27549
The Greer Group is recruiting for a Block Line Manager for a client in Louisburg, NC!
Position is responsible for the coordination and control of industrial processes. The scope of the job will depend on the nature of the production system: jobbing production; mass production; process production; and batch production.
- Production control (the sequencing of jobs, updating time schedules, etc);
- Stock control
- Quality control
- Health and safety issues
- Maintenance and replacement of production equipment.
- May be responsible for scheduling their work, disciplinary matters, identifying their training needs and progressing their career development.
Typical work activities:
- Follow production schedule
- Working out the human and materials resources needed
- Estimating how long a job will take, and setting the quality standards
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers
- Ability to think on your feet
- Ability to act decisively
- Ability to grasp concepts easily
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Good organizational skills
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good physical health
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to work in a logical, systematic manner
- Good judgment
Success Factors (measurable goals):
1. Shift efficiency- above 97%
2. Ability to hold to the build plan- minimizing downtimes.
3. Reduction in Customer Defectives- finished goods and converted goods.
4. Improved raw material consumption efficiency- exceed 94%
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High School Diploma
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT)
- Self-motivated, and excellent time management
- Strong communication Abilities
- Trouble shooting and high sense of urgency, work independently.
- Supervisory/Management experience
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen