Certified Medical Assistant
Raleigh, NC 27620
The Greer Group is recruiting for a Certified Medical Assistant for our client in Fuquay-Varina and Raleigh, NC.
This is a contract position through the end of June 2019.
- Assist with patient check-in and phone calls.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Gather all age appropriate anthropometric measurements - this includes height, weight, vital signs, vision.
- Distribute questionnaire or screenings as appropriate for visit.
- Interview and take basic history of client, assist with paperwork completion, prepare patient.
- Assist with exams, treatments and procedures as directed by supervisor.
- Under direction of supervisor - administer age appropriate vaccines. Give VIS prior to administration.
- Document in NCIR and EMR.
- Under direction, administer mediations via inhalation therapy, injections or oral route.
- Document all findings in EMR.
- Collect and process specimens such as blood, urine, and cultures.
- Follow all HIPAA and OSHA guidelines.
- Maintain high standard of customer service.
- Alert LHP immediately if a compromised client is present. Perform CPR as indicated.
- Assist with cleaning and packaging instruments, and with running, cleaning, and monitoring autoclave.
- May be cross-trained to cover other work areas.
- Work in clinic environment with all ages, birth and above.
- Bilingual staff member will be trained to perform as an interpreter for Spanish-speaking patients on an as-needed basis.
- All other duties as assigned.
- CPR and AED certified.
- OSHA and Bloodborn Pathogen training.
- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant, with at least 6 months work experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.
- May be required to travel to Fuquay-Varina clinic and Raleigh clinic.