Customer Service Representative
Durham, NC 27713
The Greer Group is recruiting a Customer Service Representative for our client in Durham, NC.
This is a direct hire opportunity!
- Serve as the primary contact for customers including patients/family members, medical providers (hospitals, implant centers, research centers) and professional surgeons, audiologists, educators) contacts with regard to product needs.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of customer relationships.
- Consult and be a resource for clients during the purchasing process.
- Strategize with customers by listening, interpreting their needs, and advising on solutions.
- Communicate courteously with customers electronically, over the phone, and in person within one working business day.
- Collaborate with all internal staff members including Reimbursement, Accounting, Product Control, Order Fulfillment, and Sales teams on a regular basis to help maintain account relationships.
- Knowledgeable of all products and services offered.
- Maintain current contact information in database as required for business and regulatory purposes.
- Manage customer service needs in a timely and conscientious manner, with the ability to know and follow policy/guidance but also exercise some degree of judgment in meeting customer needs.
- Provide routine troubleshooting assistance for medical products.
- Refer advanced trouble-shooting or other customer needs requiring escalation to the appropriate department (Clinical, Surgical, MRI/Revision support, Reimbursement, etc.)
- Process customer orders in accordance with company policy/Quality System and regulatory requirements for the handling of class III medical devices.
- Ensure proper posting of product/transactions in database used for customer management, inventory tracking, product traceability and compliance with state/federal regulations.
- Document customer interactions in CRM and Navision systems
- Ensure handling of product is in compliance with Policies/Quality System and state/federal regulations relevant to medical device companies and Medicare/Medicaid Providers.
- Track delivery of shipments to and from customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Participate in on-call customer service support after hours, weekends and holidays per company policy for patients having problems with their medical equipment or changes in hospital orders for pending surgeries
- Maintain the company’ s official patient/customer file in accordance with company policy, Medicare Accreditation requirements and Federal/State privacy laws.
- Provide information to and answer questions from professional staff (clinical/surgical) providing support to patients in their region.
- Assist personnel in compiling data required for any corporate or regulatory reporting as may be required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks that are time sensitive
- Ability to complete work in accordance with complex operational procedures.
- Ability to follow the latest guidelines set by the company.
- Ability to interact courteously and professionally during interactions with customers or public at large while representing the company.
- Excellent database skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and ability to learn Navision (requiring advanced computer/database skills).
- Good organizational skills, necessary to ensure proper data management.
- Willingness to travel minimally if needed to attend meetings at customer sites (hospitals/CI Centers), medical device conferences or patient events.
- Ability to learn and carry out Quality System requirements, detailed operational procedures and various regulatory requirements relevant for medical device companies, Medicare and Medicaid Providers.
- Ability to retain customer, sales and insurance specific information in processing orders.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to deal with difficult customers and stressful situations
- Ability to perform under pressure, including time-pressure/deadlines, quality audits and various regulatory (FDA, Medicare, OIG, OCI) inspections, etc.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Customer Service experience.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.