Electrical Engineer Technician
Timberlake, NC 27583
The Greer Group is currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineering Technician in Roxboro, NC. This is a 4 month contract position with the possibility to get extended.
• Drive all actions to ensure the plant achieves its Safety, Quality, Delivery & Productivity Goals
• Provide Hands on support in troubleshooting, repairing & modifying electrical issues
• Supports the development of electrical equipment specification, coordination of equipment runoffs, installation of equipment, production “ Ramp-Ups” and management of outside contractors
• Access and Maintain the change of PLC programs with historical programming notes
• Work closely with all levels of the organization for equipment and process improvements
• Develop and deliver training for all technical resources on existing and new equipment
• Carry out preventative maintenance tasks as needed on the control circuits of equipment
• Be responsive, flexible and dedicated to support production needs & priorities of the facility
• Utilize LEAN tools such as Standardized Work, 5S, Visual Management as well as leading Kaizen projects and documenting results to support continuous improvement projects
• Be responsible for promoting & steering personal career development through the Performance Management Process
• Perform any other duties as specified by Maintenance Supervisor, Facilities Manager or Engineering Manager
Must have working (hands on) knowledge of the following:
o Electrical Schematics (read and write)
o Power circuits up to 480 VAC 3 phase
o DC Control Circuits voltages to 24 VDC
o Digital oscilloscopes
o Rockwell Software including RSLogix5, RSLogix500, RSL
ogix5000Enterprise Series, RSLinx, RSNetWorx, RSview32, FactoryTalkView
o Siemens Software including Simatic Manger Step7, DriveES/Simotion, WinCCFlex
o Autocad LT
o Vision Systems (Cognex)
o Servo drives (Allen-Bradley, Kolmorgen, and Siemens)
• Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or similar field
• Two to Five years of experience in electrical field with focus on engineering and automation
• Be physically capable of performing all the above duties with ability of lifting 50 lbs.
• Must be self-motivated and willing to work off shift (1st,2nd and 3rd shifts) and/or work over normal work hours if needed
• Excellent team working skills, adaptability to change and a willingness to learn new technology.
• Have good work behaviors and show initiative.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
• Possess strong problem solving/ troubleshooting skills