Raleigh, NC 27615
The Greer Group, Inc. Is currently recruiting for Electromechanical Assemblers located in Raleigh, NC. This is a long term temporary opportunity with the possibility of going to hire.
• Perform assembly, complex and repetitive wiring, and/or UPS operations to complete final assembly of product.
• Frequently lift subassemblies and parts weighing up to 50 pounds while completing assembly processes.
• Work to blueprints, engineering drawings, bills of material, wire charts of complex nature, a wide variety of models and systems as well as verbal instructions.
• Work to manufacturing information and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
• Work closely with Engineering to assist with Engineering change modification implementation.
• Incorporate Engineering change notices into assembly as instructed.
• Provide technical direction and communicate engineering change notices and requests to production associates.
• Coordinates projects across assembly team and works closely with System Test to ensure successful completion of custom assemblies.
• Responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly.
• Use various fixtures, gauges, assembly, and customized engineering tools to assemble, adjust, or repair products.
• Checks electrical/mechanical performance of completed assemblies to ensure compliance to Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
• Reports irregularities or equipment malfunctions.
• Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
• Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S+.
• Responsible for contributing to the implementation and ongoing use of continuous improvement standards/events.
• Use the principles of 5S+ to ensure a clean and organized work area.
• Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’ s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Three years of electromechanical assembly experience required.
• Two years of experience with product design changes or engineering change modifications.
• Must be able to read and interpret complex blueprints, SOPs and engineering drawings.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Ability to demonstrate a familiarity with new product introduction or prototypes.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Engineering drawings and functional language.
• Ability to develop assembly related solutions based on limited engineering instructions.
• Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
• Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures.
• Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude (ability to read wiring diagrams and other technical drawings) and troubleshooting
• Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of basic electricity
• Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime as required
• Ability to demonstrate problem solving and conflict management ability
• Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities
• Ability to demonstrate learning agility and high level of attention to detail
• Ability to demonstrate effective communication and listening skills
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly throughout work shift
• Ability to distinguish colored wiring
• Ability to frequently stand or bend during the assembly process
• Associates degree preferred.
• MATRIX and PRMS system knowledge preferred.
• Soldering certification or at least six months of soldering experience preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications.