Durham, NC 27713
The Greer Group is recruiting an Event Coordinator for our client in RTP, NC.
This is a temporary to hire position.
- Assist the Events Manager in planning and executing all aspects of events and trade shows.
- Works closely with the Events and Marketing departments to accomplish goals.
- Involves contact and communication with various departments internally and worldwide.
- Logistic planning, as needed, for all state/local and national meetings which includes: registration, sponsorship, booth arrangements, travel, hotel, regulatory and compliance documentation, marketing supplies, promotional materials, product demos, and on-site implementation and breakdown.
- Plan and coordinate national research meetings, as well as company sponsored research meetings (including travel, registration, and informational needs).
- Plan and coordinate the logistical aspects of in-house meetings.
- Work directly with company personnel who will be attending events to ensure proper training on professional conference protocol and etiquette.
- Work directly with medical/research professionals invited to company meeting to coordinate issues necessary for attendance (including travel, written agreements, center notifications/approvals, special arrangements, etc.).
- Maintain annual conference schedule and calendar of events to ensure proper coordination with US personnel and International Offices.
- Maintain all documentation relating to US sponsored meetings and conferences, for budgetary, accounting, regulatory and customer relationship management purposes.
- Identify issues and work with the appropriate (US or international) personnel, third party contractors or vendors to resolve in order to ensure a successful event that achieves the company’ s intended outcome.
- Work directly with U.S. Medical institutions to ensure they are aware of situations in which the company will be paying or paying travel expenses for their personnel. Work with institution to resolve any conflicts and tailor solutions that will accommodate institutional requirements (within legal/policy parameters) as necessary. (Requires high degree of discretion, negotiation of written agreements, grants and other mechanisms, as may be required).
- Track medical professional attendance of meetings sponsored by the company for regulatory compliance and advise US/International offices regarding potential attendees for upcoming meetings.
- Ensure necessary documentation is obtained for all customer travel in accordance with Federal Sunshine and State Aggregate Spend laws as it pertains to company coverage of travel expenses.
- Attend and participate as necessary in conferences and workshops, including preparatory work, customer interface, troubleshooting as issues arise during meeting/conference and necessary wrap-up and follow-up, as appropriate.
- Assist in providing documentation necessary for Accounting/Invoicing purposes as needed. Directly interface with Providers in situations in which expenses must be billed back to a Provider (for non-allowed expenses under center policy or state/federal law) and ensure resolution between Provider and the company, following up with Accounting to ensure these payments are properly applied.
- Follows and maintains the budget for each meeting or conference handled, while keeping in mind the departments and companies overall budget.
- Work with US/International teams to handle conference grant requests (involving discretion) and coordinate other grant requests as appropriate for regulatory compliance.
- Participate in and contribute to company audits and quality assurance activities.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) computer and database skills.
- Ability to interact courteously and professionally during interactions with customers or the public at large while representing the company.
- Good working knowledge of company policy and regulatory requirements relating to interactions with healthcare providers.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with customers (medical/research professionals) with tact, diplomacy, and clarity in order to achieve the desired outcome
- Positive team attitude, assisting and supporting other team members by not only identifying problems/issues but by also contributing to the solution.
- 4 year college degree required.
- Experience in event management, corporate event planning, meeting planning, or similar experience required.
- CMP certification preferred.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.