Greenwood, SC 29648
The Greer Group, Inc. Is currently recruiting for a weekend shift!
Fabrication Technician with hours on Friday through Sunday, 5: 00 pm to 5: 00 am.
- Layout, make templates, cut off, punch, drill, and tap.
- Load steel into machines to cut, form and/or bend to various configurations, operating machinery including punch/laser machine, press brake, manual shear, powered industrial vehicles as requested.
- Off load excess steel material.
A. Receive work assignments from supervisor or production control system.
B. Input information into data collection system as required.
C. Work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral and written instructions.
D. Perform routine maintenance on machinery such as oiling, manual clamp adjustments, and clamp/finger replacement
E. Use material handling equipment, including powered industrial vehicles, to move product and supplies. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs. And push or pull up to 100 lbs. Occasionally with assistance.
F. Be familiar with all materials used to perform job functions. Follow material safety data sheet instructions.
G. Utilize calipers, gauges, or other measuring devices to assure engineering standards to the .001 precision level.
H. Perform statistical process control on machinery, as required.
I. Operate a punch machine, laser machine, or press brake as requested by supervision.
J. Correlate materials for weld, paint, and job closure as required.
K. Set-up and operate manual shear.
L. Assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions.
M. Observe all safety and hygiene requirements as specified or directed. Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workplace.
N. All employees are expected to comply with the environment, health and safety guidelines.
- HS Diploma or GED Required from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Minimum 3 months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Previous experience running bend, punch, cutoff, shear and iron worker machining centers.
- Previous experience using overhead cranes and fork lifts to move material.
- Ability to read and interpret sheet steel fabrication drawings
- 6 months of previous fabrication experience.
- Experience with precision measuring devices such as; calipers, OD/ID and depth gauges, and other measuring devices.