Facilities Maintenance Tech
Raleigh, NC 27607
The Greer Group is recruiting a Facilities Maintenance Tech for our client in Raleigh, NC.
This is a temporary to hire position, with full time hours.
Monday – Friday, 9: 00 AM – 6 PM (on call on evenings, weekends, and holidays).
- Responsible for overall maintenance of building and grounds, including routine building repairs, coordination of scheduled building and equipment maintenance, periodic inspections of buildings, equipment and life-safety systems, and monitoring of housekeeping functions.
- Develop and keep current and detailed maintenance logs for all significant equipment and systems for the entire hospice campus, including but not limited to, HVAC, life-safety, water heaters, landscape features, and generator, oxygen, suction and sewer pumping systems to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Perform monthly walk through of facilities to assess safety, preventative and routine maintenance issues.
- Troubleshoot and identify campus wide and branch office repairs.
- Perform routine maintenance and upkeep for campus and branch offices.
- Assist with meeting and event set-up and break down.
- Perform housekeeping functions, as needed.
- Responsible for lawn and custodial equipment.
- Responsible for removal of waste from grounds as well as removal of snow and ice from sidewalks and driveways.
- Carry agency provided phone and respond to after hour emergencies as needed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Maintenance in a medical facility preferred.
- Experience performing building, HVAC, electrical and plumbing maintenance and repairs.
- Experience with oxygen, generator, and sewage pumping systems preferred.
- Completion of skilled trade apprenticeship program preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify equipment and building problems and coordinate warranty issues with appropriate contracts.
- Must have sensory abilities to complete communication and documentation requirements of the job.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to safely climb and utilize ladders as needed.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.