Financial and Budget Analyst
Raleigh, NC 27602
The Greer Group is currently recruiting for a Financial and Budget Analyst for a client located in Raleigh, NC. This is a long term contract position with the possibility to hire. Immediate need!
Analyst will be tasked to augment the Financial and Budget Management Group (FBMG) responsible for $50M/year budget that supports 160 employees that uses several large financial systems.
Provide operational financial support to budgets and staff to allocate resources responsibly and strive for long-term sustainability. This position requires frequent and regular contact with internal and external staff, high level of problem solving, accurate/high quality work and flexible to excel in a fast and dynamic work environment. This position will report to the Business Officer.
- Forecast future 4 years assisted by Subject-Matter-Experts staff.
- Assess staffing gaps, do scenarios and sensitivity analysis to determine appropriate staff size for optimum service level delivery.
- Assist with business case writing to justify needs for additional positions to request approvals.
- Review contracts, invoices, travel requests and all documents requiring pre-approvals for accuracy and completeness in a timely manner.
- Learn company operational and accounting/budgeting computer systems.
- Understand and book accurately financial transactions including revenues, cashiering, payments, bank deposits, journal entries, contracts, purchase orders, and travel expenses.
- Monthly contract tracking and reporting for project managers
- Input budgets in the Performance Budgeting system
- Others as assigned.
PREFERED QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT:
- Bachelor' s Degree in: Finance, Economics, Math, Engineering, or MBA.
- Experience: At least 2 years of relevant experience to this position or recent graduate that excelled in areas that can be applied to this position.
- Computer skills: A financial system, Microsoft Office, a database software or Excel pivot tables, ability to quickly learn new IS systems.