Raleigh, NC 27602
The Greer Group is recruiting an IT Assistant for our client in Raleigh, NC.
This is a long term temporary position.
- Install, configure and update election software on 300+ laptops.
- Test desktop printers and resupply with paper and toner.
- Test voting equipment tabulators and document results for official record.
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software, peripheral, and Windows issues.
- Hardware and Software installation.
- Prepare peripherals for dispatch to voting locations including packing and custody control.
- Assist with setting up cabling and technical infrastructure at Early Voting Sites/Training facility.
- Provide on-site technical support during election training.
- Attend election training and learn election processes.
- Provide on-site and telephone technical support to voting locations during voting periods.
- Setup computer workstations for office staff.
- Periodically audit and inventory office tech supplies including computers, monitors, cables, desktop printers, scanners, toner and other items.
- Assist with basic software and programming related tasks.
- Process and resolve Helpdesk technical support questions for office staff.
- Assist in reconciliation after elections.
- Update and create process documentation as needed.
- MUST be available to work full day and must be able to work up to 50-60 hour work week (including some weekends) during election season.
- Must be available to work full days on all dates of voting.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows 7 OS and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be comfortable working in VARIOUS roles which may include physical labor, light tech support, site setup and equipment assembly, supply inventory general office tasks and other supporting roles.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.
- Obtain a NC Driver’s License – Motor Vehicle Report required.
- Prefer candidates who obtain an Associates Degree.