Raleigh, NC 27602
The Greer Group is recruiting IT Assistants for our client in Raleigh, NC
This is a long-term temporary position, with the possibility to be further extended.
- Install, configure and update election software on 300+ laptops.
- Test desktop printers and resupply with paper and tone.
- Test voting equipment and document results for official record.
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software, and peripheral issues.
- Prepare peripherals for dispatch to voting locations (printers, barcode scanners, mice) including packing and custody control.
- Assist with setting up cabling and technical infrastructure at Early Voting Sites/Training facility.
- Provide on-site technical support during election training.
- Attend election training and learn election processes.
- Provide on-site and telephone technical support to voting locations during voting periods.
- Setup computer workstations for office staff.
- Periodically audit and inventory office tech supplies including computers, monitors, cables, desktop printers, scanners, toner and other items.
- Assist with basic software and programming related tasks.
- Process and resolve Helpdesk technical support tickets.
- Assist in reconciliation after elections.
- Update and create process documentation as needed.
- MUST be available to work full day and must be able to work up to 50-60 hour work week (including some weekends) during election season – OVERTIME required!!
- Must be able to sit and stand for at least two hours.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 OS and Microsoft Office Suite – testing required for consideration.
- Must be comfortable working in VARIOUS roles which may include physical labor, light tech support, site setup and equipment assembly, supply inventory general office tasks and other supporting roles.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.
- Obtain a valid NC Driver’s License – Motor Vehicle Report required.