Junior Events Coordinator
Durham, NC 27713
The Greer Group is recruiting a Junior Events Coordinator for our client in Durham, NC. This is a temporary to hire position!
- Primary responsibilities are to assist the Events Manager and Events team in planning and executing all aspects of events and tradeshows.
- The Junior Events Coordinator works closely with the Events Department and other functional groups associated with events to accomplish the goals of the company.
- Administrative assistance for the Events team, including scanning contracts/documents, center notification, budget sheet reconciliation, expense reporting, paperwork, reimbursements, etc.
- Some logistic planning, as needed, for all state/local and national meetings in North America, which includes: registration, sponsorship, booth arrangements, travel, hotel, regulatory and compliance documentation, marketing supplies, promotional materials, product demos, and on-site implementation and breakdown
- Creating CVENT virtual registration sites for various departments.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Research, Education, and other departments in relationship to meeting/events planning to assist them in achieving their goals.
- Plan and coordinate the logistical aspects of in-house meetings, department meetings, and company social events.
- Work directly with medical/research professionals invited to company meetings to coordinate issues necessary for attendance (including travel, written agreements, center notifications/approvals, special arrangements, etc.).
- Maintain annual conference schedule and calendar of events to ensure proper coordination with US personnel and International Offices.
- Maintain all documentation relating to US sponsored meetings and conferences, for budgetary, accounting, regulatory and customer relationship management purposes.
- Work directly with U.S. Medical institutions to ensure they are aware of situations in which company will be paying or paying travel expenses for their personnel.
- Work with institution to resolve any conflicts and tailor solutions that will accommodate institutional requirements (within legal/policy parameters) as necessary. (Requires high degree of discretion, negotiation of written agreements, grants and other mechanisms, as may be required).
- Track medical professional attendance of meetings sponsored by the company for regulatory compliance and advise US/International offices regarding potential attendees for upcoming meetings.
- Ensure necessary documentation is obtained for all customer travel in accordance with Federal Sunshine and State Aggregate Spend laws as it pertains to company coverage of travel expenses.
- Attend and participate as necessary in conferences and workshops, including preparatory work, customer interface, troubleshooting as issues arise during meeting/conference and necessary wrap-up and follow-up, as appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining regulatory compliance (and documentation evidencing such compliance) for sponsored meetings and Industry conferences against policy, Industry AdvaMed Code, State and Federal laws for healthcare providers. (Requires high level knowledge of policies/laws as well as patience and attention to detail to ensure all documentations is stored appropriately).
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) computer and database skills.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner and work with minimal supervision.
- Must have worked with CVENT Flex. Including building registration sites, portals etc.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff, maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Ability to manage multiple and constantly changing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of company policy and regulatory requirements relating to interactions with healthcare providers.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with customers (medical/research professionals) with tact, diplomacy, and clarity in order to achieve the desired outcome.
- 4 year college degree required.
- Experience in event management, corporate event planning, meeting planning, or similar experience preferred.
- Virtual Meeting experience, preferred.
- Required overnight and weekend travel, as necessary for conferences and workshops.
- Virtual webinars will require outside of office hours.