Raleigh, NC 27604
The Greer Group is seeking a Machine Operator for a manufacturing plant in Raleigh, NC. This is a temp to hire opportunity and pay rate is $12.50/hr.
Machine Operator Job Description:
- Will train on 1st shift for one week and then move to 2nd shift.
- Responsible for the cleaning of products to meet specific quality requirements per customer specifications.
- Essential Functions and Duties:
- Operate Mill to achieve required specifications.
- Adjust machine to ensure product is properly cleaned, utilizing correct screen sizes to achieve optimum results.
- Adjust Gravities to ensure proper separation of product.
- Must ensure product is properly identified prior to manufacturing
- Area to remain clean at all times.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Machine Operator Job Requirements:
- Minimum Education - HS Diploma.
- Minimum Experience Required - 1 to 3 Years if candidate available.
- Skills Required - Possess the ability to read, write and communicate.
- Bilingual and Spanish a plus.
- Responsibility and Authority:
- Equipment: Operation of Mill and Forklift Dumper to process product
- Financial: Internal and External Business Contacts.
- Supervisory: Food Safety and Quality:
- Comply with GMP's, and Quality and Food Safety programs as noted in IFS (International Food Standards) and Company Food Safety Manual.
- Report all food safety and/or quality issues to direct supervisor and Quality Assurance department for corrective actions.
- Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, stand or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, and push/pull exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- There is exposure to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and exposure to heat/cold temperature changes.