Roxboro, NC 27573
The Greer Group is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Team Technician. This will be a long term temporary assignment with a client in Roxboro, NC. Immediate need!
Sr. Level multi-craft Maintenance Team Technician, will work in a team oriented environment, trouble shooting, and repairing plant and production equipment at the facility.
Duties include corrective, preventative, predictive and project maintenance work. Work with Maintenance Supervisor and Operations on work assignments and priorities. Document work completed and communicate work progress and completion with Maintenance supervision and Operations as required.
• Ensures compliance with safety and housekeeping practices, company policies and procedures.
• Participate in team meetings, discussions and decision making.
• Actively participate in lean/5S/continuous improvement activities related to the facility as needed.
• Cross train and share knowledge with other maintenance staff members.
• Work with Engineering on projects and provide information to engineering in the decision making process.
• Confers with operations to observe, inspect machinery determining root causes of malfunction while performing diagnostic checks. Remove, replace, or repair worn or defective parts, align components, safely returning equipment to operational status in minimum time required.
• Work from complex diagrams, schematics, prints, work orders, and comply with specifications as required.
• Maintain and repair various types of production equipment including, but not limited to, grinders, CNC machines, assembly equipment, furnaces, washers, weld machines, conveyance, fans, motors, pumps, and inspection equipment.
• Hydraulic, Pneumatic systems diagnostic and corrective preventative actions.
• Electrical controls. PLC, VFD, Drives and robot diagnostic and corrective preventative actions.
• Test-run repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
• Use all tools and measuring instruments familiar to the trade.
• Assist with equipment moves as needed ensuring all safety requirements are met before and during the move.
• Maintains accurate recordkeeping and blueprint modifications.
• High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
• A minimum of Five years of maintenance experience.
• Requires ability to use hand tools, strong math skills, ability to read blueprints and perform SPC charting.
• Ability to understand PLC logic Preferred Qualifications
• Awareness of the work impact to ISO 14001 regulations
• Associates degree in Industrial Maintenance, Mechatronics and or industrial controls is preferred.