Pineville, NC 28134
The Greer Group is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician for our client in Pineville!
- Associate will need to be able to do electrical, mechanical, and maintenance duties.
- Looking for someone that is reliable, highly motivated, flexible with working OT, expected to know how to complete duties without instructions and learn quickly if unsure.
- You will always be doing something different daily as the manager will send them off with work orders and these orders will need to be checked off as they complete them.
- Examples: -Electrical hand tools -Air -Hydrologic -Mechanical duties -Maintenance duties -Electrical duties -Welding machines -Forklift -Manlift -Working on controls/equipment’ s - taking equipment a part – and putting it back together -
- Take good notes, heavily detailed, needs to be able to if instructed taking equipment a part and putting it back together
- Hand crane - If there is a shortage working with: “ electrical switch” -Change a battery/ hydrologic /etc -Mobile cranes
- Going back to the Office- change light bulbs, cabinets, new shelving, change wax etc.
- Duties include troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production equipment along with facility maintenance that supports the overall business goals and objectives.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and fabrication plant facilities
- Provide emergency / unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs at normal intervals
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- As needed respond to maintenance calls on second shift as well (after regular hours)
- Machinery maintained includes overhead cranes, welding machines, foot pedals, grinders, D/C drives, conveyer belts, saws, forklifts, mobile cranes
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- This position requires a lot of standing, walking, using hands to finger, feel or handle items.
- Needs to be able to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as well as hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- They must regularly lift and or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to indoor and outdoor conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- High school diploma or GED required
- 3-5+ years of Production / Fabrication Plant Maintenance with strong electrical and mechanical skills