Raleigh, NC 27604
The Greer Group is seeking a Packer/Palletizer for a manufacturing plant in Raleigh, NC. This is a temp to hire opportunity and pay rate is $10/hr.
Packer/Palletizer Job Description:
- Stacking and arranging of boxes/cubes/bags as per item/customer specifications
- Stacking of pallets per item/customer requirements.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Forming of boxes/gathering of bags for manufacturing requirements.
- Cleaning and Upkeep of Production Line.
- Packer Hand packages pillow style bags from 1lb to 10 lb packages into corrugated boxes.
- Will assist operator with overall cleanliness of machine area and aids in the set-up of each production.
- Accurately fill cases as per item specifications.
- Responsible for setting up Video Jet Inkjet Coders and Menke Case Rollers during changeovers.
- Be alert to any potential quality problems and notify machine operator immediately.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Packer/Palletizer Job Requirements:
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum Experience Required: Entry Level
- Skills Required: Possess the ability to read, write and communicate.
- Bilingual and Spanish a plus.
- Food Safety and Quality:
- Comply with GMP's, and Quality and Food Safety programs as noted in IFS (International Food Standards) and Company Food Safety Manual.
- Report all food safety and/or quality issues to direct supervisor and Quality Assurance department for corrective actions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, stand or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Walk to and from packaging material storage area to retrieve boxes/cubes/bags for fulfill production requirement.
- Bends and lifts to pick up packaged product to palletize on to pallet.
- Acquires empty pallet for next pallet requirement.
- Required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, and push/pull exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- There is exposure to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and exposure to heat/cold temperature changes.