Pineville, NC 28134
The Greer Group is recruiting a Painter/Sandblaster for our client in Pineville.
This is a contract position through June 2019, with the possibility to become permanent.
• Prepping material to be painted
• Painting material according to customer specs
• Assist others when needed
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measuring using whole numbers.
• Reasoning Ability.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. • Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Knowledge of industrial painting preferred
• Sandblasting experience preferred
• Experience in using a pneumatic sprayer preferred
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to indoor and outdoor conditions.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• This position if for an industrial sandblaster - previous sandblasting experience preferred
• Complete a background check and drug screen