Raleigh, NC 27620
The Greer Group is recruiting a Phlebotomist for our client in Raleigh, NC.
This is a temporary position through December, with the possibility to be further extended.
- Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM, but will need to work until 8 PM some days.
- Act as phlebotomist for patients obtaining specimens.
- Processing samples obtained appropriately.
- Recording and reporting testing results as requested or required.
- On occasion, performing moderate complexity testing if qualified according to CLIA.
- Obtain samples for routine and stat testing which could include venous and/or capillary blood specimens and other body fluids through venipuncture, finger sticks or heel sticks obtaining required sample volumes in appropriate required storage devices, maintaining all protocols and procedures for collection and storage.
- Processes and packages clinical specimens for transport to appropriate testing agencies.
- Enters data on test samples and results as they become available in appropriate medical record.
- Verifies appropriate tests are ordered and that orders are closed upon completion.
- Performs occasional moderate complexity testing on samples (if qualified according to CLIA) using instrumentation and standardized procedures.
- Maintains quality control of all samples and equipment.
- Cleans spills and maintains facility according to local, state and federal guidelines.
- Inventories supplies and orders supplies and equipment accordingly.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Certification of an accredited phlebotomy program.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.