Plans and Permits Technician
Raleigh, NC 27602
The Greer Group is recruiting a Plans and Permits Admin for our client in Raleigh, NC.
This is a temporary position through June, with the possibility to be extended another 8 months.
- Provide support to 5 departments.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi task, prioritize options, communicate effectively, and follow written and oral directions.
- Provide support to Environmental Services in the plan review and permit approval processes.
- Greet customers, clients, and employees in person, over the phone and via email, and provide information, services or support.
- Enter requests for service and verify data.
- Conduct research, interpret and apply local ordinances, state statues and federal laws for building, well water, wastewater, food plan review, swimming pool, tattoo, land disturbance, flood study, and storm water management permits.
- File, scan, and perform data entry.
- Review electronic or paper applications for completeness.
- Invoice customers as needed.
- This position requires the ability to read and interpret maps.
- Employee must be able to learn and become proficient at new computer systems and posses great attention to detail.
- Requires learning information quickly in oral or written format, and providing excellent customer service.
- Compile reports, manage data, and maintain records.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Multitasking is essential.
- Spanish proficiency and scientific/technical training are preferred.
- Call center and administrative experience are welcome.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.