Mebane, NC 27302
The Greer Group is currently recruiting for Quality Support position. Multiple openings available for 2nd and 3rd shift. Immediate needs! Temp to hire opportunities with great manufacturing company in Alamance County.
Measure CVJ components using Engineering Stage Drawing(s) to verify machining operations meet Specification. Use precision test equipment to measure Geometric Feature found on the Engineering Stage Drawings. Set up floor test fixtures for use in the production cells. Assure test fixtures are accurate and calibration is up to date prior to distributing to the production cells. Document and communicate results to production and engineering when needed. Support the needs of the production with accuracy and timeliness.
- Measuring first piece samples using precision test equipment
- Maintain Calibration schedules and assure gages are up to date prior to distribution to the production cells
- Change over and set up gages production cells
- Data entry using Microsoft software for reports and spreadsheets
- Documentation of results in a legible, complete and clear manner.
- Performs other duties as specified by supervisor.
- Maintain and establish 5S and TPM standards.
- Involvement in Kaizen and other continuous improvement activities.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Basic knowledge of GD&T and Engineering Stage Drawings
Knowledge of machining operations used in manufacturing setting
Basic knowledge of MSA and customer requirements
Ability to use precision inspection equipment. (Comparator, Marhshaft, Surface Contour and Finish equipment, Zeiss, Vision Scanners, Gear Checkers, Height Stands, Roundness Gage, and Hand measurement attribute gages.)
Basic knowledge of Microsoft software. (Excel and Word)
Clear and legible handwriting, both numbers and letters.
Ability to understand and follow detailed work instructions procedures.
Must be detailed oriented to detect quality issues and assist in correcting the suspect process
Be aware of potential and unsafe conditions when on the shop floor
Ability to work as a team player with minimal supervision.