Durham, NC 27713
The Greer Group is recruiting a Reimbursement Representative for our client in Durham, NC.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
- Provide direct support to patients and/or customers regarding authorization and insurance coverage for company related products.
- Answer calls from physician offices, hospitals, and patients using exemplary customer service skills.
- Accurately enter required information into computer databases and other insurance related data entry to ensure proper and timely billing of claims.
- Follow established procedures for submitting authorization and/or verification of eligibility for all requested items, as well as determine member benefit coverage for requested items.
- Call patients and/or providers back with information regarding authorization and any funds due.
- Full cycle authorization process knowledge.
- Maintain patient confidentiality as defined by state, federal and company regulations.
- Establish effective rapport and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees, professional support service staff, customers, clients, patients, families and physicians or other health care providers.
- Assist accounts receivables staff in researching unpaid claims related to eligibility, prior authorization and other verification related denials.
- Perform day to day administrative functions and general office duties.
- Exercise problem solving and conflict resolution skills when handling any complaints.
- Assist in education and acting as a resource to clinicians and support staff.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local and intermediary specific billing requirements.
- Knowledge of insurances.
- Prior experience working with pre-authorization/authorization process necessary!
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle interruptions.
- Mathematical skills for computing and adjusting dollar amounts for patient balances, claims, billing and collections.
- Current knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9/10 coding systems.
- HS Diploma/equivalent educational degree or work experience.