Shipping Traffic Coordinator
Raleigh, NC 27615
The Greer Group is seeking a Shipping Traffic Coordinator for a Food Distribution client of ours in Raleigh, NC. This is a temp to perm opportunity.
- Work cohesively with a staff of transportation vendors (i.E. Trucking lines, steamship lines) to ensure shipment deadlines and details are being met.
- Personal communication (phone) is an essential part of coordinating shipments between packers, truckers and steamship lines.
- Working to move the food products from one point to another with efficiency and budget management.
- Frozen food products are shipped abroad, so knowledge of ocean shipping is a plus.
- Documentation/data entry in system with freight updates.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, some college preferred
- 2 years’ experience in Shipping Cargo preferred
- Successfully complete a NC background check and drug screen
- Ocean shipping knowledge a plus
- Mathematically inclined
- Excellent communication skills, and being detail oriented is must