Raleigh, NC 27620
The Greer Group has multiple opening for Assessment Social Workers. 6 month contract position to start immediately!
Assessment Social Workers will work in various locations throughout Wake County (Cary, Raleigh, Wake Forest, Zebulon, and Fuquay Varina). Must be North Carolina Pre-Service Trained Assessment Workers in and good standing. Required to not have gone more than 3 years without working in Child Welfare.
- Assessing allegations of abuse, neglect and dependency regarding children under the age of 18 years.
- Respond to allegations of child abuse and neglect.
- Perform safety and risk assessments for the children named.
- Make referrals for follow-up services when necessary.
- Initiate removal of children from their homes through the juvenile court process in extreme cases.
Essential job duties:
- Interview all minor children, parents and caretakers and collateral (professional and non-professional) contacts
- Work closely with other professionals as necessary
- Document all case activity within 7 days of each contact
- Keep track of client contacts through the Day Sheet database
- Prepare cases for transfer to other providers within Child Welfare as needed
- Must have North Carolina Pre-Service Training and be in good standing.
- Recent Child Welfare experience.
- Strong written and communication skills, organizational skills, decision making skills and strong interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Be able to work flexible hours for after business hours work.
- Master's degree in Social Work and one year of experience in social work or counseling.
- A valid driver's license and a “safe” driving record may be required.
- Equivalent education and experience combination accepted.