Raleigh, NC 27602
The Greer Group is recruiting a Tax Agent for our client in downtown Raleigh.
This is a temporary position, with the possibility to become permanent.
Full time hours, Monday – Friday.
**Candidate is responsible to pay for their own parking!**
- Tax Agents respond to and resolve customer inquiries, via phone or in person, by performing research and explaining applicable tax laws and office procedures.
- Create, update and maintain personal property and real estate tax accounts.
- Other duties will include processing payments received by mail, in person and through various electronic methods along with occasional front counter staffing.
- Responsible for negotiating and maintaining payment arrangements and will also initiate enforced collection actions against delinquent property tax accounts.
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision, while following all policies, procedures, and legal statutes regarding property tax appraisal, assessment and collection.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Responds to and resolves customer inquiries through investigation and application of relative tax laws.
- Updates and maintains tax accounts by processing registered vehicle tax adjustments, property listings, real estate transactions, bankruptcy claims, and gross receipts remittances.
- Establish and monitor installment plans for property tax payments.
- Initiates and defends enforced collection actions, which may include bank account attachment, wage garnishment, levy of personal property or foreclosure of real estate.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field and two to five years of experience in a professional business environment or five to ten years without a degree.
- Prefer candidates that have heavy customer service with issue resolution, strong computer skills, payment processing experience, and excellent communication skills.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.