Mebane, NC 27302
DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY FOR A TOOL MAKER.
The Greer Group is currently recruiting for a Took Maker/Quality Engineer for a client located in Mebane, NC.
Responsible for performing all moderate supervision, bench and machine operations in the tool room, including experimental work necessary to construct, alter, and repair jigs, tools, fixtures, dies and gauges
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Devise original methods and procedures to construct intricate precision instrument, tools, gauges, etc.
- Use precision measuring devices and work to close tolerances.
- Understand and perform unusual and difficult work where only general instructions are available.
- Instruct fellow employees in safe and efficient machine operations.
- Assist other departments of plant operations in their individual areas of experience when required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma plus 3 years of trade school.
- 4 years of tool room experience or equivalent.
- Extremely high degree of initiative and judgment.
- Able to operate machine tools to perform the above function at a high degree of efficiency.