Raleigh, NC 27602
The Greer Group is recruiting a Training Assistant for our client in Raleigh, NC.
This is a long term temporary position.
- Assist in training over 2000 precinct officials and early voting workers for the upcoming 2019 elections.
- Become very familiar with election procedures and laws pertaining to all types of elections in Wake County.
- Assist in setting up training rooms, including voting equipment and posting outdoor signage.
- Assist in breaking down and packing equipment and signage after the training period.
- Set up and provide technical assistance with microphones, laptops, slideshows, and AV equipment.
- Run AV equipment during classes.
- Type up notes in Microsoft Word and create Excel spreadsheets as needed.
- Provide trainer and official assistance before, during, and after class.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Assist with minor edits to training materials, including PowerPoints.
- Provide telephone support for election day precincts, advise officials on procedures and troubleshooting.
- Assist in reconciliation after elections and identify training issues and other issues that need follow-up.
- MUST be able to work days and evenings, including Saturdays and Sundays over a six to eight week period.
- Must be able to work a varying schedule, up to 60 hours a week, with some days exceeding eight hours.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Knowledge of Windows 10 OS and Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Prefer candidates with strong sense of organization and attention to detail, and customer service experience.
- Comfortable with making announcements in front of large groups and assisting learners in a one-on-one setting during training classes.
- Comfortable assisting learners with use of laptop computers in person and by phone.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.
- Obtain a NC Driver’s License – Motor Vehicle Report required.