Voter Registration Assistant
Raleigh, NC 27602
The Greer Group is recruiting a Voter Registration Assistant for our client in Raleigh, NC.
- This is a long term temporary position, with the possibility to be extended.
- Perform administrative tasks related to the voter registration system.
- Data entry of voter registration forms and absentee ballot request forms.
- Verification of other employees data entry by visual review.
- Scan forms using document scanners.
- Process incoming mail and documents received over-the-counter.
- Customer service (in-person, telephone), answering incoming calls and solving election related questions.
- Log outgoing and incoming absentee ballot mailings in computer system.
- Fold and stuff outgoing mailings.
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- Help with updating documents, including using Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Must be available to work full day and must be able to work up to 50-60 hour work week (including some weekends) during election season.
- Data entry experience, must be able to type (a data entry assessment is required).
- Customer service experience.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn election laws and processes and explain them to customers.
- Flexibility to perform different tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds (e.g. mail bins, stacks of forms or envelopes).
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 OS and Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel)
- Complete a background check and drug screen.
- Obtain a valid NC Driver's License - clean driving record is required!