Pineville, NC 28134
The Greer Group is recruiting for Solderer/Welders for our client in Pineville!
- Weld efficiently carbon and stainless steel metals (but could include other alloys) in thickness ranging from .030 and up. The welding process is usually GTAW but can include GMAW, FCAW and SMAW processes as well.
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun.
- Use of GTAW weld procedures performed in an efficient manner
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified per weld procedure
- Starts power supply to produce electric current.
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of workpiece.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, based on color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- Tacks assemblies together.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Applies filler rod manually to supply weld metal.
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or workpiece. • Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
- Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces.
- Grinds pipe and pipe fittings to create bevel, remove outer protective surfaces and otherwise prepare material to be joined together.
- Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
- Preheats workpiece with hand torch or heating furnace.
- Positions and clamps workpieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture.
- Maintain clean work environment
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Must pass written and practical application as required.
- Must pass a 2" schedule 80 C/S pipe welding test in a 6G position using the (TIG) GTAW process per ASME B31.3.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability and knowledge to operate a wide range of hand tools.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to hot and cold humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Must pass written and practical application as required. Must pass a 2" schedule 80 C/S pipe welding test in a 6G position using the (TIG) GTAW process per ASME B31.3.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- MUST have Pipe Welding Experience