Exec Administrative Assistant
Durham, NC 27713 US
The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively with diverse, and sometimes irate individuals and to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency. Excellent memory and organizational ability in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Act as confidential Administrative Assistant in the Executive department, managing calendars and schedules, screening callers, and arranging appointments, meetings, and conferences, as directed.
- Design, establish and maintain a management information system, including physical and electronic files for the department. Prepare reports as directed.
- Respond to inquiries on the telephone and in person visitors to the department. Provide information and assistance in a courteous manner. Resolve complaints within scope of information and authority and refer to others as appropriate.
- Initiate correspondence on a variety of matters requiring an in-depth understanding of department policies and procedures. Format, create, produce, and edit correspondence and other written materials.
- Operate office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, multi-line telephones and computers;input and retrieve data and text and organize and maintain drive storage and filing.
- Must have associate degree or comparable experience and an ability to deal with diverse situations and people.
- Minimum of ten years administrative experience, in areas of Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, understands technology, PowerPoint usage a must.
- Experience with expense reports and the use of Concur desirable.
- Experience is supporting a variety of leadership personnel.
- Must be proficient in the use of standard office equipment, including, but not limited to, computers and the software programs of the department, multiline telephone system, fax machine and copier.
- Must be able to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Approachable, friendly, customer service aptitude.