Raleigh, NC 27610 US
This is a long term temporary position through November 2024, with the possibility to be further extended!
Monday –Friday, 8: 30 AM –5: 15 PM. Evening and weekend overtime is required. Some weeks can be a 50-60 hour work week!
- Install, configure, and update election software on 300+ laptops.
- Test desktop printers and resupply with paper and toner.
- Test voting equipment and document results for official record.
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software, and peripheral issues.
- Prepare peripherals for dispatch to voting locations (printers, barcode scanners, mice) including packing and custody control.
- Assist with setting up cabling and technical infrastructure at Early Voting Sites and Training Rooms.
- Provide on-site technical support during election training and during Early Voting.
- Provide on-site and telephone technical support to voting locations during voting periods.
- Setup computer workstations for office staff.
- Periodically audit and inventory office tech supplies.
- Assist with basic software and programming related tasks.
- Process and resolve Helpdesk technical support tickets.
- Assist in reconciliation after each election.
- Must be available to work full day and must be able to work up to 50 to 60-hour work week (including some weekends) during election season.
- Must be comfortable working in various roles which may include light to intensive labor, site setup, supply inventory, general office tasks, and supporting roles.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Flexibility to perform different tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to stay focused when performing repetitive tasks.
- Must have reliable transportation. Driving is required for this position.
- Must have STRONG knowledge of Windows 10 OS and Microsoft Office Suite
- Complete a background check and drug screen.
- Obtain a valid North Carolina Driver’s License.
- Prefer candidates with an Associate’s Degree (or equivalent education and work experience).