Raleigh, NC 27610 US
This is a long term temporary position through November 2024.
Hours are Monday – Friday 8: 30 AM – 5: 15 PM, with evening and weekend overtime required! It can be a 50-60 hour work week.
- Install, configure and update election software on 300+ laptops.
- Test desktop printers and resupply with paper and toner.
- Test voting equipment and document results for official record.
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software, and peripheral issues.
- Prepare peripherals for dispatch to voting locations (printers, barcode scanners, mice) including packing and custody control.
- Assist with setting up cabling and technical infrastructure at Early Voting Sites and BOE Training Rooms.
- Provide on-site technical support during election training and during Early Voting.
- Provide on-site and telephone technical support to voting locations during voting periods.
- Setup computer workstations for office staff.
- Periodically audit and inventory office tech supplies.
- Assist with basic software and programming related tasks.
- Process and resolve Helpdesk technical support tickets.
- Assist in reconciliation after each election.
- Must be available to work full days and must be able to work up to 50-60 hour work week (including weekends) during election season.
- Prefer candidates with an Associate’s Degree (equivalent education and work related experience accepted).
- Previous hardware and software installation experience.
- Prior knowledge of troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must have reliable transportation. Driving is required for this position.
- Must have STRONG knowledge of Windows 10 OS and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be comfortable working in VARIOUS roles which may include physical labor, light tech support, site setup and equipment assembly, supply inventory, general office tasks, and other supporting roles.
- Must be able to sit and stand for at least 3 hours.
- Obtain a valid North Carolina Driver’s License – MVR check will be completed.
- Complete a background check and drug screen.