Legal Practice Assistant
Raleigh, NC 27615 US
- On a day-to-day basis, works under the direction of attorneys to whom the Practice Assistant is assigned.
- Under general supervision, supports the delivery of quality legal services to clients by providing secretarial and administrative assistance to attorneys.
- Performing complex and specialized secretarial and clerical tasks.
- Working collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- This position supports multiple attorneys as primary assignments and also provides back-up secretarial assistance to others as assigned.
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a 401(k) matching program, Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account /Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video), Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
- 7+ years of experience as a litigation practice assistant/secretary – employment litigation experience is a plus.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of federal and local rules.
- Federal court experience and litigation experience are both a must.
- Must have strong proficiency e-filing in state and federal courts.
- Accurate typing of at least 70 words per minute.
- Strong computer proficiency in the use of MS Office, document management and database software.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize workload and efficiently handle multiple projects with competing deadlines, and demonstrate flexibility and initiative in anticipating what needs to be done.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills including filing, calendaring, and proofreading.
- Employment law experience would be a bonus.