Raleigh, NC 27610 US
Overview:The Staffing Coordinator is onsite and serves as the primary contact for contracted Phlebotomists. Oversees phlebotomy at approximately 15 locations and 24 employees.
- Candidate Selection: In person interview(s), identifies appropriate candidates for management approval and interview coordination.
- Onboarding: Coordinates screening, completes regulatory documentation. Provides guidance and training to new employees during onboarding, Reviews policies and benefits.
- Training Coordination: Works with laboratory management to create training modules; creates reports for management to monitor staff productivity and quality; performs audits on completion and accuracy and reports finding to management.
- Scheduling: Works to ensure that all sites have appropriate coverage. Ensures there is adequate staff to limit covering a site him/herself. Communicates schedule changes to management.
- Staff Feedback: Performs performance evaluations both 90 day and annually, counseling of employees with the provided feedback from laboratory management and physician offices.
- Workday: Travel to Physician offices to meet, train, and observe Phlebotomists. Utilize the Greer Group office for administrative tasks: scheduling, completion of 90 day and annual reviews, interviewing.
- Competencies: Performs and documents competencies ensuring that employees collect blood specimens using appropriate technique and positive patient identification; follows timeliness expectations and maintains the integrity of the specimen in relation to the test to be performed.
- Specimen Collection: Collects blood specimens using appropriate technique and positive patient identification; follows timeliness expectations and maintains the integrity of the specimen in relation to the test to be performed, maintains competencies at all locations. Counsels and re-educates staff in a timely manner.
- Registration and order entry: Maintains competency to perform registration and order entry tasks. Trains others to accurately process specimens without little to no errors.
- Tool Development: Assists with the development and maintenance of site-specific lab manuals and procedures for current and new practices.
- Employee File Creation/Maintenance: Creates and maintains employee files that are kept in accordance with CLIA and CAP standards.
- Payroll: Review entered hours weekly through a timesheet portal, monitor and counsel overtime, approve for each employee. Address employee questions as it relates to payroll.
- Proven experience as a Staffing Coordinator or similar position.
- Models a positive attitude to create customer service excellence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong phlebotomy skills, ability to train, re-educate, counsel, and/or assist Phlebotomists with their specimen workload.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize.
- Possess a higher-level thinking ability for problem solving.
- Proactive approach rather than reactive.
- Demonstrates professionalism to promote trustworthiness and dependability with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Acts as a team player and fosters teamwork with phlebotomy staff and at all levels of management.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence and emotional regulation.
- Technically savvy, with an ability to learn and navigate databases, Provider EHR systems, email, Microsoft Office, etc.